[Mini-NDN] Controller implementation in mini-ndn : Request for advice

Rajendran Jeeva rajendrj at tcd.ie
Mon Jun 6 11:54:26 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

I just started with my research on this area and I may not be entirely
correct in what I am saying. Sorry if I go wrong somewhere. But, this is
what I am trying to do:

I am trying to experiment with a network that has both NDN nodes and
switches/routers and a controller to control FIB entries in those
switches/routers. Just to replicate the behaviour of OpenFlow controller
but in NDN world. Basically to study what an OpenFlow controller should
know in order to control a NDN network.

Eventhough Mininet has a controller, Mini-ccnx has customized it for the
CCN experiments (in bin/miniccnx, sources/conf_parser, bin/miniccnxedit: in
GUI). I was looking for such implementation in mini-ndn when I found it was
not implemented in mini-ndn and dropped a mail to ask for the motive behind
that.

thanks,
Jeeva