[Mini-NDN] Controller implementation in mini-ndn : Request foradvice

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:01:08 PDT 2016

Hi Jeeva

Mini-NDN uses NFD for NDN forwarding.
NFD’s FIB is controlled by NFD-RIB; the RIB is controlled by NFD-RIB management protocol.

If you are looking at centralized control of RIB entries, the control messages should be delivered over NDN protocol. This would be possible once #3142 is approved and implemented.
The “controller” for this purpose is just an NDN application, and it’s unrelated to OpenFlow.

Yours, Junxiao