[Mini-NDN] Controller implementation in mini-ndn : Request for advice

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 6 11:18:04 PDT 2016

Dear folks

In Mininet, a Controller is a centralized component that makes forwarding
decisions for Ethernet Switches.
I believe that Controller is still available for use in Mini-NDN, because
Mini-NDN is now an add-on of Mininet and not a fork.

However, I wonder what's the semantics of a Controller in Mini-NDN?
Last time I looked, Mini-NDN uses only Hosts. Each Host has an NFD and an
NLSR instance. They make forwarding decisions in a distributed manner.
Since there is no Switch involved, what's a use case for Controller?