[Nfd-dev] Many Multicast Ethernet Groups per NIC

NAVES Raphael raphael.naves at thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 6 05:46:09 PST 2021

Dear all,

I am setting up a NDN network over Ethernet Faces. I have created both unicast and multicast Ethernet Faces to ensure the connectivity between my NDN nodes.

However, I am wondering if it is possible to create several multicast groups (= multicast Ethernet Faces) per NIC, using the original configuration file or the nfdc tool? At this time, I am only able to create one multicast Ethernet Face per Ethernet port by using the associated field in the nfd.conf file (--> "mcast" set to "yes" in the Ethernet section).

Thanks in advance

Best

Raphaël