[Nfd-dev] [EXT] NFD Profiling tool

Ahmed Taffal a.taffal96 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 12:01:17 PST 2021

Thank you all for your help.

Yes, I am running NFD over ethernet as I mentioned earlier. In particular,
I am building a network containing a set of Raspberry pi 400. In my
network, I don't want to rely on the IP protocol, so I am running NDN over
Ethernet. I am not using any routing protocol, instead, I am using the
self-learning strategy for creating routes and faces which I think will
increase a bit the latency for getting the data packets and so affecting
the goodput.
But regarding the comparison between UDP and Ethernet faces, I did some
experiments using virtual machines and as I remember,  there was no big
difference between the goodput values in both cases. Actually, there was no
consistency, sometimes the goodput using Ethernet is higher and sometimes
the reverse.

Kind regards,
Ahmed