[Nfd-dev] Push the Deployment of NDNCERT

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 18 12:22:05 PDT 2019

Hi Yufeng

Thanks for restoring the NDNCERT server. I'm able to request a certificate,
after operating NDNCERT *very carefully*.

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 22:15 Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Certificate publishing question: it seems that the certificates issued
>>> from your CA is not published into the testbed, as I’m unable to retrieve
>>> them by expressing an Interest of the certificate name with CanBePrefix. In
>>> ndncert-legacy, the CA publishes every certificate it ever issued, and the
>>> Relying Party can just refer to them with a KeyLocator. In new ndncert
>>> system, who is expected to publish the certificates, CA or Replying Party
>>> (client)?
>>>

> NDNCERT already support the repo-ng, which means the NDNCERT server can
> publish all the issued certificates into the repo.
> To solve the name issue (e.g., let /ndn/edu/ucla/CA serve
> /ndn/edu/ucla/zhiyi/KEY/...), we can have a forwarding hint to forward the
> request to the /ndn/edu/ucla and get the certificate from the repo. (repo's
> registered prefix is not exposed to the testbed)

As Zhiyi answered in Oct 2018
<https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2018-October/003396.html>,
NDNCERT server needs to publish all issued certificate into repo-ng.
It seems that this part is not configured correctly in your deployment, as
I'm unable to retrieve my certificate with ndnpeek, even if the Interest
should be reaching spurs.
Can you check the repo-ng publishing part?

$ ndnpeek -vP
/ndn/edu/ucla/yufeng/5817003603372734985/KEY/%83.%B5%FB%B2%E87%F1/NDNCERT/8268200814391559947
INTEREST:
/ndn/edu/ucla/yufeng/5817003603372734985/KEY/%83.%B5%FB%B2%E87%F1/NDNCERT/8268200814391559947
TIMEOUT

Yours, Junxiao