[Nfd-dev] Try NDNCERT (based on Interest-Data exchange) and get an NDN certificate today

Zhiyi Zhang zhiyi at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 5 11:20:13 PDT 2018

Hi Junxiao,

I will soon let NDNCERT go offline and have a major revision on the
codebase.
We will solve all the issues you reported in the emails.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 5:36 AM Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Zhiyi
>
> I’m still waiting for an answer to this question.
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 22:15 Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> Certificate publishing question: it seems that the certificates issued
>> from your CA is not published into the testbed, as I’m unable to retrieve
>> them by expressing an Interest of the certificate name with CanBePrefix. In
>> ndncert-legacy, the CA publishes every certificate it ever issued, and the
>> Relying Party can just refer to them with a KeyLocator. In new ndncert
>> system, who is expected to publish the certificates, CA or Replying Party
>> (client)?

NDNCERT already support the repo-ng, which means the NDNCERT server can
publish all the issued certificates into the repo.
To solve the name issue (e.g., let /ndn/edu/ucla/CA serve
/ndn/edu/ucla/zhiyi/KEY/...), we can have a forwarding hint to forward the
request to the /ndn/edu/ucla and get the certificate from the repo. (repo's
registered prefix is not exposed to the testbed)

Best,
Zhiyi