[Nfd-dev] ndnping timeout at high frequency

Ishita Dasgupta ishita.dasgupta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 12:41:30 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have two nodes linked with 6 Mbps physical interface. On the producer, I
have ndnpingserver running and on the consumer, I run ndnping tests with
frequency of 1 ms, 2ms and so on upto 1000ms. I see no issues when I run an
ndnping of frequency 3ms or more, however in cases of 2ms frequency or
mostly in the case of 1ms, I see upto 25% packet loss due to timeout
occuring after a certain number of packet pings. I have monitored that the
ndn interests reaches the consumer but the producer doesn't hear back the
data packet.
Initially, bandwidth was a concern, but I see that that ndnping data and
interest packets are cumulatively 1386 bits. Thus, with 1ms frequency, 1.5
Mbps should be enough (?)
Has anybody else come across this? And knows why the timeout occurs at high
frequencies?

Regards,
Ishita Dasgupta