[Nfd-dev] ndn dissector and TCP segments

Dehart, John jdd at wustl.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:59:15 PST 2019

Here is a link to a snippet from the pcap file that is giving me problems.

https://www.arl.wustl.edu/~jdd/tcpdump.2000.pkts.pcap

If I run this through wireshark with the ndn-dissector from ndn-tools
version  0.6.2-ppa1~xenial (version on the NDN Testbed),
I get Lua Errors for several packets, for example Frame # 45.
[cid:55310570-F198-4DE8-A0F5-0ED3250D5632 at seas.wustl.edu]

Also, I thought wireshark used to display the NDN names in the Info field, but it is not doing this now.

Full discolosure: This pcap file was generated on ONL where we are still running NFD 0.6.1.
And for various reasons we have to continue running that version for a while longer.
I have tried processing it with wireshark there as well and have different problems.
For example, frames 1268, 1270 and 1271 are not processed properly.
[cid:0C52077F-118C-4999-92AF-BA4C77C771BF at seas.wustl.edu]
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John