[Nfd-dev] Wondering about NFD on Windows...

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 13 15:52:02 PST 2019

Hi Peter

C++ is not recommended on Windows.
NDN-CPP and ndn-cxx are both written for Windows. OpenSSL, socket API, etc
are all troublemakers. You’ll be in the MXE (MinGW Cross Environment)
rabbit hole sooner or later.

If you want video, the least effort way is run it inside Vagrant and
connect to X server and PulseAudio server in Windows. You won’t get good
frame rate but it should work.
Otherwise, do what Microsoft recommends and build everything in .Net
Framework.

Yours, Junxiao