[Nfd-dev] Wondering about NFD on Windows...

Gusev, Peter peter at remap.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 13 15:02:41 PST 2019

Hi devs,

I’m wondering about feasibility of building/using NDN application on Windows.
I see that the very first attempt<https://github.com/yoursunny/NFD-Windows> to run NFD on windows was abandoned due to huge amount of work required to port the code.
The more feasible solution seem to be using WSL<https://yoursunny.com/t/2018/NFD-on-Windows-10-WSL/>. I’d like to clarify few things regarding that:

- does anyone know whether ethernet faces (specifically L2 multicast) support is now available on WSL?
- if I have an app outside WSL that tries to connect to NFD locally, will it fail? (i guess it will, since there should be an issue with connecting over Unix socket which is non-existent on win64). what could be the steps to make this app work with NFD (connect over udp/tcp to localhost)? will I also need to port NDN libraries to windows?

Peter Gusev

peter at remap.ucla.edu<mailto:peter at remap.ucla.edu>
+1 213 5872748

Research Scholar @ REMAP UCLA<http://remap.ucla.edu/>
Video streaming/ICN networks/Creative Development