[Nfd-dev] Why I discourage emailing individual developers

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 28 16:06:50 PST 2018

Dear folks

As you may have noticed, I always ask everyone to send technical questions
to the emailing list or Redmine issue tracker and not to individual
developers. This makes every question and answer searchable and citable,
and not only sitting in someone's mailbox that others do not have access.

The following article comes from an experienced software architect that
adopts a similar principle. I think it's worth sharing:
*Two Instruments of a Software Architect*
https://www.yegor256.com/2015/05/13/two-instruments-of-software-architect.html

The catalog of NDN mailing lists is
https://named-data.net/codebase/platform/support/mailing-lists/ . I
subscribe to all of them, and I answer questions as I can. If you send me
private email, I'll ask you to resend to a mailing list.