[Nfd-dev] Can ndn-tool(chunks) use the cached data on the intermediate node?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Mar 17 04:38:42 PDT 2018

Hi Junjie

Almost all NDN applications can use cached data.
In-network caching is not a replacement of producer. You must keep the
producer running at all times.
Having in-network caching allows consumers to retrieve data with lower
latency, and reduces the workload of a producer (you can measure it: number
of Interests arriving at producer node is less than number of Interests
expressed by all consumers combined).

Yours, Junxiao