[Nfd-dev] two question about NFD

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 27 10:59:29 PDT 2018

Hi Lan

> Suppose NFD receives an interest from a UDP multicast face, but then
> receives another interest of the same name from an application face, will
> NFD forward this interest out to the UDP multicast face (assuming the
> routing entry has that face as the next hop)?  With a point-to-point face,
> the answer would be no according to your email below.  But I guess for the
> multicast face, the answer is yes?

Say "application face" is face A and "UDP multicast face" is face B.
A strategy MAY forward an Interest from face A to face B, even if the
Interest was received from face B previously. This is true even if face B
is point-to-point.
A strategy MUST NOT forward an Interest from face A back to face A, because
that would be a loop.