[Nfd-dev] Question about packet format v0.3 transition

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 6 10:36:14 PDT 2018

Hi Arthi

I'm hoping to use an Interest with parameters, and since support for that
> is not yet in ndn-cxx, I was wondering if there is a separate branch being
> used or any skeleton code I could look at

Within the next few months, ndn-cxx must remain compatible with Packet
Format 0.2 endpoints. Therefore, new fields such as Parameters are
unavailable.
I'm unaware of any "separate branch" for this feature. In general, I advise
developers not to do significant development that cannot be merged within a
few weeks, in order to avoid merge conflicts.

> to understand how to use parameters when they do become available.

Few people has any idea on how Interest Parameters *should* be used.
Some protocol issues related to Interest Parameters adoption are:
https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4599 Signed Interest and Command
Interest
https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4600 NFD Management protocol
Sadly, nobody is working on these.