[Nfd-dev] practical congestion-control for app developers

Davide Pesavento davidepesa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:58:21 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 9:43 PM Junxiao Shi
<shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

>> In the paper (PCON by Klaus) I see there are parallels with TCP congestion window algorithms, is this the way to go for a general-purpose developer?
>> How this was implemented in ndncatchunks?
>> Or is there a library/shim code that abstracts this logic from the end developer that can be utilized?
>

> ndn-cxx has SegmentFetcher that implements the recommended algorithm

Recommended by who? IIRC this topic was briefly discussed again not
log ago in a platform call, and both Lixia and Klaus were not happy
with the current behavior of our AIMD implementation (halving the
window being too aggressive and so on). Klaus mentioned that a
CUBIC-like algorithm performed much better in his tests. So, I would
not point to the current implementation in ndn-cxx as the "recommended
algorithm".

Thanks,
Davide