[Nfd-dev] practical congestion-control for app developers

Gusev, Peter peter at remap.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:50:43 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

Trying to answer my own question about whether congestion control is implemented in current NFD, I found this issue<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1624>.
So I believe that those subtasks that are closed are delivered in the latest release, is it correct?

Now, from an app-developer-who-cares-about-congestion-control point of view, I’m wondering: an application (consumer) needs to react to congestion marks received with data packets — "how exactly?" and which "inspiration examples" shall I follow in order to implement such a mechanism in my app?

In the paper (PCON by Klaus) I see there are parallels with TCP congestion window algorithms, is this the way to go for a general-purpose developer?
How this was implemented in ndncatchunks?
Or is there a library/shim code that abstracts this logic from the end developer that can be utilized?

Peter Gusev

peter at remap.ucla.edu<mailto:peter at remap.ucla.edu>
+1 213 5872748

Research Scholar @ REMAP UCLA<http://remap.ucla.edu/>
Video streaming/ICN networks/Creative Development