[Nfd-dev] NDN for Raspberry Pi

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Fri Mar 31 08:51:53 PDT 2017

I think that gcc is running out of memory (you can make sure this is the case by doing "free -mh" in another terminal when compiling). You can increase swap on the RPi. But it is not recommended because it will shorten your SD card life and compilation would be very slow.

May be cross compilation is better option (complex and time consuming to setup, but easier after that).

You can start here and use crosstool-ng (outdated but good starting point):

https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_Raspberry_Pi

Croostool-ng provides sample files for raspberry pi:

https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/tree/master/samples

Ashlesh