[Nfd-dev] Auto prefix propagation on multiple machines

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.EDU
Thu Mar 16 12:00:37 PDT 2017

Hi Jongdeog

1. I have a valid certificate (/ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700) on machine A and
> want to use the same certificate on machine B.

Command Interests design do not support having same certificate on multiple
machines, because timestamp checking would fail if clocks are perfectly
synchronized.

>   After restarting NFD, nfd commands make this error:
> "Private key doesn't exist"

This error means the key is in PIB but not TPM. It isn't related to clock
synchronization. I don't know the cause.

2. Instead of using the same certificate, I tried to issue my own NDN
> certificate (/ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700/apollo) signed by my trusted
> certificate. I could see the apollo certificate installed on machine B
> after following Junxiao's post. However, when the producer (ndnpingserver
> /ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700/apollo/test) runs on machine B, it starts to
> advertise /ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700 instead of
> /ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700/apollo.

This means identity /ndn/edu/illinois/jlee700/apollo exists in NFD-RIB's
PIB.