[Nfd-dev] How to use NDN to set up a Ad-Hoc ?

jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Mon Jun 19 20:38:19 PDT 2017

Thank you for your reply!
According to your advice ,I try to modify  nfd.conf ,but i can`t find face_system.udp.mcast_ad_hoc and face_system.ether.mcast_ad_hoc( only find face_system,udp.idle_time ),i dont know if my ndn-cxx  vesion is wrong ?
Another problem,I want to expand data to 409600B ,but find that the biggest data is 8411B, so  which file can I  modify to improve the capacity of data ?

在2017-06-19 23:48:31,Junxiao Shishijunxiao at email.arizona.edu写道:

Hi Jinyang

You are in luck when you have Ubuntu!
NFD offers Ubuntu binary builds in a PPA. It supports armhf architecture. See https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/current/INSTALL.html#install-nfd-using-the-ndn-ppa-repository-on-ubuntu-linux for instructions.

NFD by default treats UDP multicast and Ethernet multicast faces as broadcast. To make them recognized as ad-hoc, modify /etc/ndn/nfd.conf and set face_system.udp.mcast_ad_hoc and face_system.ether.mcast_ad_hoc keys to "yes".
If you need automated configuration editing from a script, it's recommended to use infoedit https://github.com/NDN-Routing/infoedit rather than sed or awk.
We are working on eliminating this configuration step in https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4020

Afterwards, you can connect WiFi interfaces in ad-hoc mode, start NFD, and create routes via wireless ad-hoc faces with `nfdc route add` command.

Yours, Junxiao