[Nfd-dev] Network Nack Usage

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu May 5 22:49:06 PDT 2016

The exact details on how consumer app should react for the incoming network NACK is a good question.  In the sample applications that we have (catchunks), we simple abort and visualize the error.

The behavior should be definitely from timeout in cases when timeout action includes immediate retransmit.  Otherwise, there would be a lot of packet flow generated (interest, nack, interest, nack, etc.)  Beyond that, I cannot say much.  We need more use cases to see what should be done.