[Nfd-dev] Issues connecting to the testbed <BLOCKING>

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed May 4 16:00:38 PDT 2016

Hi Spyros

End host 1 is possibly having some IP layer issues. Wireshark will be
helpful in finding out why the face is closed.

For end host 2, if you want /NTORRENT to show up on spurs's RIB, some
component on the end host must send a prefix registration command to spurs,
and the command must be signed by a testbed certificate.
NFD-RIB automatic prefix propagation won't send such a command. It would
send a prefix registration command for /NTORRENT only if there's a
/NTORRENT identity in NFD-RIB's key chain; but even if you have such an
identity, the certificate won't be a trusted testbed certificate.
Thus, you need another tool such as remote-register-prefix
https://github.com/yoursunny/ndn6-tools/blob/master/remote-register-prefix.md
to send this command periodically.
Alternatively, talk to your site's testbed operator to register a static
route, if end host 2 has a static IP.

Yours, Junxiao