[Nfd-dev] Autoconfig for local WiFi network

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 24 20:27:10 PDT 2016

Hi Peter

I don’t understand why NdnCon instances can “magically” discover each other.
A standard NFD installation should create a multi-access Ethernet face on every multicast-capable network interface. However, it will not register any prefix onto these Ethernet faces, so these faces will not be used for communication.
Does your setup have another program that registers a prefix onto the Ethernet faces?

From NFD point of view, there’s no difference between wired Ethernet and WiFi, because Ethernet runs over WiFi.
However, some access points will block multicast traffic transmitted by a wireless stations, or even block all traffic between wireless stations.
You’ll need to configure your access point to permit multicast traffic among wireless stations.

Yours, Junxiao