[Nfd-dev] OnContentSoreMiss pipline

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:39:56 PDT 2016

​Hi there,
According to developer guid​e, section 4.2.3 ContentStore Miss Pipeline

[image: Inline image 1]

there should be some checkings on if incoming Interest has Link object, so
to decide on how to forward the Interest. But in daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp
there is no such checks in Forwarder::onContentStoreMiss:

void
Forwarder::onContentStoreMiss(const Face& inFace,
                              shared_ptr<pit::Entry> pitEntry,
                              const Interest& interest)
{
  NFD_LOG_DEBUG("onContentStoreMiss interest=" << interest.getName());

  shared_ptr<Face> face =
const_pointer_cast<Face>(inFace.shared_from_this());
  // insert InRecord
  pitEntry->insertOrUpdateInRecord(face, interest);

  // set PIT unsatisfy timer
  this->setUnsatisfyTimer(pitEntry);

  // FIB lookup
  shared_ptr<fib::Entry> fibEntry = m_fib.findLongestPrefixMatch(*pitEntry);

  // dispatch to strategy
  this->dispatchToStrategy(pitEntry, bind(&Strategy::afterReceiveInterest,
_1,
                                          cref(inFace), cref(interest),
fibEntry, pitEntry));
}

 Am I missing something?

Actually I was wondering why setting Link object doesn't affect forwarding
decisions in ndnSIM. I guess this the reason, right?

Thanks,
Sabet