[Nfd-dev] generatation of NDN-like packets with Scapy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 5 04:35:01 PST 2016

Hi Salvatore

I'll offer a different idea to solve your problem: pretend to be NDN
forwarder.

NDN programs recognizes $HOME/.ndn/client.conf, and connects to the NDN
forwarder specified in "transport" option.
http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/current/manpages/ndn-client.conf.html
You can point the transport to the TCP port or Unix socket listener of your
next stage, and use existing NDN programs.

Consumer programs should with just fine.
Producer programs need small modifications: bypass prefix registration step.

Yours, Junxiao