[Nfd-dev] What is a "region" ?

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 23 16:02:17 PST 2016

Thanks... It would be great to better understand the nature of the misconception, and what a "region" is – I can't find a definition anywhere.
Jeff

From: Lixia Zhang <lixia at cs.ucla.edu<mailto:lixia at cs.ucla.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 3:46 PM
To: Jeff Burke <jburke at remap.ucla.edu<mailto:jburke at remap.ucla.edu>>
Cc: "nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu>" <nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu>>
Subject: Re: [Nfd-dev] What is a "region" ?

we are in group meeting now and explained how LINK (= forwarding hint) works to Zhehao and Haitao. We also trying to figure out a solution to the function you wanted (NDNfit's original design was based on a misconception of LINK).

LINK is a forwarding hint, it just carries an interest to the place where the name in the interest can be used directly for lookup.

Lixia