[Nfd-dev] ndnpingserver and remote prefix registration?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.EDU
Thu Aug 4 11:43:29 PDT 2016

Hi John

ndnpingserver (and most other producer applications) does not perform
remote prefix registration by itself. It sends prefix registration commands
to the local NFD-RIB.
If the end host is correctly configured for automatic prefix propagation,
after ndnpingserver registers a prefix locally, the local NFD-RIB can send
prefix registration commands to the remote router and cause a backroute to
be registered toward the end host.
See https://yoursunny.com/t/2016/nfd-prefix/ on how to configure automatic
prefix propagation; see https://yoursunny.com/t/2016/ndncert/ on how to
issue your own certificates to use with automatic prefix propagation so
that you don't have to request every certificate from ndncert system and
wait for approval.

Yours, Junxiao