[Nfd-dev] NDF-Android Producer Consumer (2)

Benjamin M Murphy (bmmurphy) bmmurphy at memphis.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:45:39 PDT 2015

Hi Percy,

I'm working on some tests involving a similar producer-consumer relationship with Android devices. On the producer end, we've modified jndn's TestRegisterRoute file for Android and use it to listen for a given Interest. On the producer side, you shouldn't have to manually touch the NFD app at all.

https://github.com/named-data/jndn/blob/master/examples/src/net/named_data/jndn/tests/TestRegisterRoute.java

Our tests are all happening on one network, so on the consumer end we forward the Interest to the producer's local IP address, in our case 10.something. So on the consumer's NFD, we add /ndn/name/of/interest as the prefix, and the Face URI is the producer's local IP address.

As for the other question, I'm not sure if there is such an application. Perhaps someone else can say definitively?

Ben