[Nfd-dev] Handling new content in app for pending interest in NFD

Haowei Yuan hyuan at wustl.edu
Mon Mar 30 11:24:44 PDT 2015

I think as long as the data has actually been requested by an Interest
packet, it is safe to send the Data packet to NFD. The NFD will either
forward or drop the Data packet by checking if the Interest has
expired.

If the Interest has expired, Data packet is dropped, and the consumer
is still interested in the data, the consumer could resend the
Interest. Hopefully this time, the Data packet can be generated and
sent faster by the application so that NFD will forward it.

Haowei