[Nfd-dev] Incorrect handling of exclude filter in CS lookup

Wentao Shang wentaoshang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:28:01 PDT 2015

Hi team,

When I was testing NFD on iOS, I noticed that NFD doesn't seem to handle
Exclude filter correctly in CS lookup. I looked into the code and noticed
that in ./daemon/table/cs.cpp, the Cs::find method only handles the child
selector but never checks the exclude filter. And I suspect this is a bug.
Can someone verify whether this is a real issue or the exclude filter is
actually checked somewhere else? If it's a "feature not a bug", I wonder
what is the reason behind the design decision to leave out exclude filter
in CS lookup.

Thanks,
Wentao