[Nfd-dev] Signed Interest processing: alternate to stop-and-wait

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:15:00 PST 2015

As part of early lighting control work, we had already proposed an authenticated interest approach that includes sequence #, timestamp, and RTT estimator as state to avoid replay attacks:
http://named-data.net/publications/nomen13/<http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/nomen13.pdf>
(see p4).

(I am not sure why SignedInterest doesn't provide at least an optional sequence number....  Can the ndn-cxx/architecture folks comment on why this was removed from the design?)

Thanks,
Jeff