[Nfd-dev] Install dependency packages in Jenkins script

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:15:37 PST 2014

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 9:03 AM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex
>
> If buildbots use Brew instead of MacPorts, we should recommend customers/users use Brew as well.

MacPorts is recommended because we “packaging” ndn-cxx/nfd/tools as ports.  For OS X 10.8, we no longer can do such recommendation.  If somebody writes comparable brew packages, we can start recommending brew.  But not until then.

The simplification of brew is that it uses /usr/local as a home, which, similarly to Ubuntu slaves, does not require any path configuration (e.g., PKG_CONFIG_PATH vairable)

For this, I created a redmine issue, which may result in a wiki page: http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2169 <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2169>

—