[Nfd-dev] Interest lifetime limit

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 20 21:37:25 PDT 2014

I don't know that we have enough evidence for how this might be used to
restrict it to ~32 seconds maximum. This isn't even 10x the default value
and doesn't approach what came up in the unresolved "long-lived interest"
discussion. On the other hand, millisecond resolution (or decisecond
resolution, at least) seems like it might also be useful in some cases.

Is there a strong reason for this to be 2 bytes?  Could we have a 4-byte
long in ms instead, and have the maximum value correspond to a "hold it as
long as you're willing" behavior?

Is FreshnessPeriod also 2 bytes?   This seems similarly limiting.  This
wouldn't handle our canonical NYTimes front page example.

Jeff