[ndnSIM] Missing packages for ndnSIM v 1

Albatool batool0haw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:27:26 PST 2024

Hello,

I am trying to compile an ndnSIM 1 project and I encountered some problems
while compiling the code. First, I got an error message saying
"libns3-dev-core-optimized" was missing. I managed to locate the package
and put it in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, which solved the issue. However, I
still get another error saying "libns3-dev-ndnSIM-optimized" is not found
and I was not able to locate the  package anywhere. I have followed the
installation instructions for ndnSIM v1 from here
<https://ndnsim.net/1.0/getting-started.html> and I am trying to run an
ndnSIM v1 scenario here <https://github.com/jvitor3/CRoS-NDN/tree/master>.
I don't know what is causing this error and I wonder if I missed something
during the installation.
Could you please assist me with this?