[ndnSIM] Routing problem with wifi and p2p configuration

Samar Alduayji samarduayji at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:13:25 PDT 2022

Dear All,

Hope this email finds you well,
I'm implementing a mobility scenario that can be described as follows:

- Using a Transit-Stub topology with two transits, where all nodes are
connected using point to point connection.
- Consumers are connected to a stub in the first transit and the producer
is mobile and moving on the range of one stub ( contains 6 nodes) that is
connected to the second transit.
- I configured the stub, where producer can connect, with wifi
configuration, therefore each node within this exact stub has wired and
wireless connection. I use the global routing with best route
configuration.
-  When the simulation starts and the producer is connected to one of these
nodes,  the interest packets stop at the first node in the producer stub (
the first node that has wifi and p2p configuration at the same time).
- If the producer gets attached to this particular node,  interests are
satisfied, otherwise, no interests are received by the producer.

* Is there any restrictions to use both p2p and wifi connections at the
same time?
* How can I configure the nodes to always use the p2p connectionand use the
wifi only if the other node is the producer?

Regards
Samar  Alduayji