[ndnSIM] Fixing PIT size

Alex Afanasyev aa at cs.fiu.edu
Sat Mar 5 14:53:11 PST 2022

For this, you would need to extensively hack the embedded ndnSIM's NFD. Specifically, starting around line 127 in ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp you would need to add logic of limiting PIT and throughout figure out a way to forward without relying on PIT entry.  PIT entry is quite fundamental..

One workaround I may see is you create a PIT entry for forwarding, but immediately expire it (i.e., it is created for all forwarding and pipeline purposes, but then removed). May be this way it would be easier to hack in.  But all of this would be in forwarder.cpp file.

-
Alex