[ndnSIM] [EXT] How to detect interest flooding attack

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 2 02:57:06 PDT 2022

Hi Bhupendra

Count how many Interests were received from a particular downstream face
and how many Data were returned to this downstream face.
The difference between these two counts reflects how many Interests were
not satisfied.
Take a moving average of this count.
If a sudden increase of this count is increased, a customer on this face is
likely involved in an Interest flooding attack.

Yours, Junxiao