[ndnSIM] [EXT] Need Support in setting PITEntry Life time (ndnsim version 2.8)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 13 08:26:48 PDT 2021

Hi Abbas

PIT entry is created when an Interest arrives at a node and is accepted for
forwarding.
It is deleted as soon as the Interest is satisfied by Data or when it times
out without being satisfied.
In the latter case, the timeout is, by default, the InterestLifetime field
in the packet.

When you set a lifetime on the consumer, it specifies the InterestLifetime
value that the consumer puts into the packets, which in turn influences the
lifetime of a PIT entry.
In the absence of retransmission and aggregation, it would be the maximum
lifetime of a PIT entry.

Yours, Junxiao