[ndnSIM] Need Support in setting PITEntry Life time (ndnsim version 2.8)

Abbas Hussain ahussain5872 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:03:47 PDT 2021

I want to set the PITEntry lifetime to 4S. For  NDNSim version 2.8, I came
to know that the PITEntry Lifetime can be set by setting the Lifetime as
follows:

consumerHelper.SetAttribute("LifeTime", StringValue("6s"));

I need information that by using the aforementioned command, what will be
the lifetime of PITEntry??? How can I verify it?????

 How can I check the PITEntry lifetime??? The following two different codes
is giving me error

ns3::Time time;

       shared_ptr<pit::Entry> pitEntry1;

              pitEntry1 = m_pit.insert(interest).first;

       time = m_pit.MaxPitEntryLifetime();

              or

ns3::Time time;

       shared_ptr<pit::Entry> pitEntry1;

              pitEntry1 = m_pit.insert(interest).first;

       time = pitEntry1.MaxPitEntryLifetime();