[ndnSIM] Adding new field in Interest Packet.

DJEMAA Adel a_djemaa at esi.dz
Tue May 4 02:48:17 PDT 2021

Hi,
If the packet length doesn't matter in your configuration, I advise you to
add a Tag instead of a new Field to your packet, since according to ndnSIM
design, the tag resides only in the memory.
Also, a Tag can be easily managed directly in the NFD machinery (forwarder
class), contrary to a new field in either Interest or Data packets which
are generally static objects.
Below references showing how to add a new Tag in the packet (HopCountTag
which is already implemented in ndnSIM), and it works 100%:
   - https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2018-August/004913.html
   -
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/commit/0a30676920b9d3f2b2c8bc68e583befc415210cc
   -
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/commit/d31b8ef523f4a5b152da88e3d5f47d5697d60772
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Le mar. 4 mai 2021 à 05:44, Prajjwal Singh <csb17053 at tezu.ac.in> a écrit :

> Hello everybody,
> I am trying to add a new field in interest packet and I want this field to
> persist throughout the network for each interest, (i.e. if a consumer sets
> this custom field to X in the interest packet, then it should be forwarded
> by all the routers to the producer with the custom field as X)
>
> Previously I had used this tutorial to add the field in interest packet:
> https://www.programmersought.com/article/14675398024/
>
> Please point out what is lacking in this solution.
>
> The main problem is that if i have the following topology
> A--B--C--D
> (Where A is the Consumer and D is the Producer, and B and C are routers)
> Then by the solution given in the above link the custom field set in A's
> generated Interest packet is reset to default value by B when it forwards
> the interest to C.
> How can I make it carry the value intended by A?
>
> Thanking you in advance
> Prajjwal Singh

Mr DJAMA Adel
Phd student