[ndnSIM] [EXT] Error when Generating 3rd Consumer Justin Rodrigues

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 6 11:54:23 PDT 2021

Hi Justin

Have you followed the advice in the error message?

Error: attempting to enable the packet metadata subsystem too late in the
simulation, which is not allowed.
A common cause for this problem is to enable ASCII tracing after sending
any packets.  *One way to fix this problem is to call
ns3::PacketMetadata::Enable () near the beginning of the program*, before
any packets are sent.

Yours, Junxiao