[ndnSIM] [EXT] Interest loop problem in VNDN (v2v scenario)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 11 09:25:18 PST 2021

Hi Sonia

Dead Nonce List (DNL) is designed to prevent persistent Interest
loops, especially when the duration of the loop is longer than the PIT
entry lifetime (usually the InterestLifetime).
DNL does not stop a producer/cache from responding to the same Interest
multiple times, as long as a persistent loop is not occurring.
Have a look at Named Data Networking in Local Area Networks
http://hdl.handle.net/10150/625652 section 3.3 for how loop prevention
works and what's the role of DNL.
See also the original bug report https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1953
.

DNL works only if the Content Store is enabled and has reasonably large
capacity.
See dead-nonce-list_20141004.pptx (attachment of the above bug report) page
11 for the reason.

Yours, Junxiao