[ndnSIM] How to get the number of hops passed by Data packet from route node to consumer

DJEMAA Adel a_djemaa at esi.dz
Wed Jan 6 12:28:50 PST 2021

Hi,
How many route nodes do you have in your scenario ? If there is only one,
you can identify it by its number (Node ID), print out its hop count from
the producer (HopCountTag) one the data packet is received by this router
(OnReceiveData), and finally what you ask for is the difference between the
HopCountTag of the consumer and the HopCountTag of the router.
Hope that helps.

Le mer. 6 janv. 2021 à 10:18, L via ndnSIM <ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu> a
écrit :

> Hello, everyone
>    I know that *hopCount* can be used to calculate the number of hops
> passed by the *Data* packet from the producer to the consumer, but when
> the *Interest* packet is satisfied in the route node, that is to say, the
> route node caches the corresponding *Data* packet. How should I get the
> number of hops that the packet has reached the consumer?
> Best wishes,
> Zhen

Mr DJAMA Adel
Phd student