[ndnSIM] Right way to find Satisfaction Ratio

Sonia zohanoor67 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:04:59 PST 2021

HI Adel,

I think using the method you mentioned above does not consider
retransmissions. Please correct me if I am wrong.
In my Wireless ad-hoc scenario, total InInterests on consumer appFace are
1962 packets while total InSatisfiedInterests are 475 packets. So the
satisfaction ratio is 475/1962 = 24%.

However, in the 1962 InInterests, there are 475 unique Interests (for
different data chunks), The remaining are retransmissions. So technically,
every Interest packet is satisfied (100%), some retrieve the data on first
transmission and some after retransmissions.

Please guide me how to find the Interest satisfaction ratio in this case.

Thank you