[ndnSIM] NDN Deployment Over Ethernet

Ahmed Taffal a.taffal96 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:56:54 PST 2021

Hi,

Can someone tell me if deploying NDN over Ethernet is considered a native
(clean-slate) deployment of NDN? Because as I know, deploying NDN over
Ethernet will provide all the native NDN features, but in a research paper
comparing Native vs. Overlay-based NDN, they said that native NDN
deployment is only provided by ndnSIM, which provides NFD with transport to
NetDevice. So, if deploying NDN over Ethernet is not considered a native
deployment, what is the difference between it and the native deployment
provided by ndnSIM?

I appreciate any help you can provide.