[ndnSIM] Unable to access the forwarder with Python bindings

Eric Binnendyk eric.binnendyk at student.nmt.edu
Sun Apr 25 20:56:20 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the ndnSIM Python bindings and I'm trying to access the
forwarder. The file ndn-grid.py (within commented-out code) told me to use
this command:

l3Protocol = ndn.L3Protocol.getL3Protocol(nodes.Get(0))
> forwarder = l3Protocol.getForwarder()

However, when I run this code I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "simulation_for_nn_test.py", line 110, in <module>
>     l3Protocol = ndn.L3Protocol.getL3Protocol(nodes.Get(0))
> AttributeError: type object 'ndnSIM.ndn.L3Protocol' has no attribute
> 'getL3Protocol'

I run the code inside the waf shell using the following commands:

./waf shell
> python filename.py

Does anyone know why the "getL3Protocol" attribute can't be found?

Thanks,

Eric