[ndnSIM] [EXT] Create new Interest and new Data from existing ones

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Apr 25 12:08:17 PDT 2021

Hi Puming

I see two problems:
🔸 Who's signing the new Data? Applications would not work correctly if you
break the signature.
🔸 If the original Interest name ends with an implicit digest component,
how to create the new Interest? A direct transformation would not match the
transformed Data.

If you are trying to *encapsulate* the Data, you can set the wire encoding
of the original Data as the payload of the original Data.
However, this is incompatible with implicit digest.

If the purpose is to affect forwarding, have a look into *forwarding hint*,
which is the standard solution to "forward /a/b according to FIB entry /b".
It not only preserves the signature, but also is compatible with implicit
digest.

Yours, Junxiao