[ndnSIM] Create new Interest and new Data from existing ones

Puming Fang pfang at umass.edu
Sun Apr 25 08:18:08 PDT 2021

Dear NDN team,

I hope you are doing great!

It’s me again. To move forward with my research work on NDN, I need to create new Interest and  new Data from existing ones.

Currently I am writing two applications for a specific node.

1. When the node receives Interest "/a/b”, it removes “/a” from “/a/b” and sends out the new Interest “/b” to request Data.
2. When the node receives Data “/b”, it adds “/a” to the Data “/b”, therefore, the Data is changed to “/a/b”. Then it sends out the Data “/a/b”.

I have two questions. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
1. How to create new Interest and new Data from existing ones?
2. Since this node is both consumer and producer, would you recommend me to write one application that include these two functions or two separate applications and install them on one node?

Thank you.
Best,
Puming