[ndnSIM] [EXT] Setting PIT Limit Size and providing for replacement.

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 21 07:18:52 PDT 2021

Hi Prajjwal

I want to set a size limit for PIT and also provide a replacement mechanism
> for the PIT entries.

This is part of congestion control. See
https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/5060 and its attachments for some
ideas.

> Please point out the correct way of doing the above.
>
> PS:
> Till now I have been reading the code in NFD/daemon/Table/Pit.cpp and
> trying to tweak the function: PIT::findOrInsert(const Interest& interest,
> bool allowInsert).
> I have the following problems:
> 1) I am unable to understand in which scenario the bool allowInsert will
> be false.

Pit::findOrInsert is an implementation detail.
It's called by:
🔸 Pit::insert, used during Interest processing.
🔸 Pit::find, used during Nack processing.

2) When I try to tweak the above mentioned function to not insert the
> interest packets with a certain tag value, and return before processing
> further, I get SIGSEGV error.

GDB can tell you why it's crashing.