[ndnSIM] Fwd: Getting Started with ndnSIM

Ygor Amaral ygor.amaral at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:47:22 PDT 2021

Hi IHK,

Understand that your goal with the ndnSIM is an individual matter.

The ndnSIM project is composed of some main tools:
     - ns-3 (with some adaptations) - https://www.nsnam.org/
     - ndnSIM (an ns-3 module for NDN stack) - https://ndnsim.net/
     - NFD (NDN Forwarder) -
https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ndn-0021-10-nfd-developer-guide.pdf
     - ndn-cxx (NDN C++ Library)

These tools have documentation available. The first step is to read these
docs.

As you want to work with mobile nodes (vehicles), you may also want to use
SUMO Simulator (https://www.eclipse.org/sumo/). It is useful for generating
more realistic vehicle traffic and importing to ns-3/ndnSIM.

When you start to study, doubts will appear and this mailing list may be
more useful for you.

Regards,
Ygor Amaral